Friday 14 September 2012

Philips ReAura - Week Two

By now it's been my second week using the ReAura laser which means that I have completed 4 individual treatments (there's still another 6 weeks to go).

I was a bit worried when I first started using the laser because of the 'dusting' which would occur after each treatment. I contacted Philips and a beauty consultant reassured me that it was normal to see tiny pin head brown marks which looked like scabs on my skin because this was the pigmentation coming out as a result of the laser penetrating the dermis of the skin and making micro punctures. I should add that for me these dots take about 3 days to come off and no one can see them under makeup or even without - you'd have to go really close to notice. The pain of treating the skin is bearable and I got used to it after the first treatment. My skin still goes red after treatment but it calms itself down a lot quicker than the first time.

Sticking with it after 2 weeks now I am already noticing the benefits and I must stress that I am not being sponsored to use the laser so I am entitled to say whatever I want.

Benefits so far:

  • I have noticed after todays 4th treatment that my skin looks a lot smoother although the pores look the same size as they were (I have a few tiny pock marks which I hate) 
  • I had a few spots congested under my skin before but these have reduced massively! And standing by natural light my skin doesn't look lumpy. 
  • Blackheads are reduced everywhere from my nose to my cheeks.
  • My pigmentation mark on my face is reduced, it was by my jaw and Philips told me that these don't always go away depending on whether they are caused by hormones or not.

The only downside is because my skin is brown, the pigmentation spots come out after each treatment but again, these go away with time (3-4 days) so I am just waiting to look less ruddy. I will be posting photos in due course so look out for them and in the meanwhile I will be keeping up with the bi-weekly treatments as recommended.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Candy Perfume Girl,

    Thanks for posting about this -i'm eager to buy it but think I will wait to hear from over the weeks. Please post pics as it will be interesting to see!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Candy Pefume Girl,
    Thanks for this!
    I'd love to know how your Reaura experiment turns out as I'm also of Indian heritage and have read that there are issues with darker skintones. So glad it seems to be working out as I'm hoping to buy one too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Thanks for your post. I will be revealing the final results after this week with pictures. I think it's a good device and it does even out skin tone and make skin look healthier (that's what my partner keeps telling me). It's a slow process though, so you have to keep using it for the 8 week course and then take a break and possibly start another 8 week course. I'll keep you posted, stay tuned! :-)

    ReplyDelete