Tuesday 21 August 2012

O2 Intraceuticals Facial - 'Oxygen Facial'




A few months ago I decided to try the Intraceuticals Oxygen Fusion facial with Julia Hart at The Hale Clinic in London and here's what happened...

First of all, just so you know what we were working with - my skin, whilst clear and youthful has some pigmentation marks and I have a few spots under my skin particularly on the lower parts of my face, although not visible to others I can feel if them if I run my fingers across my jaw. I desperately wanted to try out the Oxygen facial used by Madonna, Megan Fox to name a few high profile celebs who have been quoted as saying they use it regularly and I had hoped that my skin would look just as flawless after just the one treatment.


Julia talked me through the procedure and explained that the machine uses therapeutic grade oxygen by taking in air from the surrounding air and filtering it. The oxygen is pressurised so that it works at a rate which is able to act faster and health wounds. She got me to lay down whilst she cleansed my face using a Sonic Brush and then blasted cold pure oxygen across my face using some sort of airbrush. She went over and over the same areas and I didn't feel much except for the cold blasts which was quite pleasant. The Hyaluronic Acid serum with added vitamins which was moisturised onto my skin was infused with the oxygen treatment, the idea being that it will be rapidly absorbed via this method. The serum that was used on me was called, 'Rejuvenate' and different serums can achieve different results e.g. Atoxelene can be used as an alternative to botox if you are looking to treat wrinkles.

The treatment was fairly relaxing overall and once finished my skin did look more hydrated and plumper however my congested skin was not helped by the treatment and neither was the hyperpigmentation. But I would say that it is a great treatment if you are simply trying to address dry skin and perhaps tired, wrinkled skin for a fresher, plumper look.  The treatment costs £150 for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment