Monday 20 August 2012

Teas for Clear Skin

Hi All,

I have some great tips for healthy, clear skin and you'll be surprised to know that it doesn't cost a lot. Teas for me are the best way to get rid of spots and blemishes quickly and I have experimented these on other people and have asked them to look at their skin the following day after drinking and the reactions have been positive. One colleague I used to work with had severe acne so I told him to drink Nettle Tea (yes, it is stinging nettle but it doesn't sting when you drink it!) and the next day - his skin was 50% clearer. Ok, so these are the teas I would recommend if you want to see a clearer complexion the next day:

Clipper Organic Nettle TeaOrganic Nettle - I usually buy the 'Heath & Heather' brand from Holland & Barrett but 'Clipper' also do a good brand and both only cost about £1.35 for a box of 25. I find organic is better but if you can find some nettle growing in the wild, feel free to boil it to make your own homemade tea. 

Heath & Heather | Green Tea & LemongrassLemongrass - This is a great Asian herb and is normally used in Thai or Asian foods but you can buy this fresh from the supermarket and boil it to make your own tea or you can buy it in teabags. The brand I like is Heath & Heather's Green Tea with Lemongrass, it only contains 20% of Lemongrass but if you are a first time drinker you will really notice the difference the next day. It aids digestions and calms the nervous system and is often used to treat acne. 



Lemon - I normally drink a whole squeezed lemon with warm water first thing in the morning and find that my skin glows. When drank within 30 minutes of squeezing, the lemon alkalises the body which is beneficial for good health. 

I am sure these can all be bought as supplements too but I find that teas are more fresh, natural and a good alternative to coffee or a builder's tea. 

So if you want great skin and want to cleanse from the inside out then try these teas I recommend and let me know if it's working for you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment